Eastwood Global Pty Ltd (trading as Taste Food Distributors | Taste Ireland | British Corner Store) respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). We respect your right to privacy and understand the need to protect your personal information.
What is Personal Information and Why Do We Collect It?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual or from which an individual can reasonably be identified. Examples of Personal Information we collect include names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, by email, via our website www.taste.net.au, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, and marketing or for employment purposes. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent, or where required or authorised by law
Collection from Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Collection using the Eastwood Global Pty Ltd Websites
Collection of Your Personal Information
As a retailer of groceries, during the course of its activities, Eastwood Global Pty Ltd will collect, use, and disclose personal information from:
- Customers who use the online shopping facility.
- Visitors to and users of our websites, including any user forums section of our website.
- Customers who enter trade promotions / competitions conducted by Eastwood Global Pty Ltd.
- Customers who register Eastwood Global Pty Ltd gift card details.
- Customers who call the Eastwood Global Pty Ltd customer service team or otherwise contact us.
This information can be collected:
- Directly from you.
- When you register as a user of the website.
- When you place an order via the website.
- Where you access and interact with the website or the customer service team, or from other sources.
- The information collected may include your name, mailing or residential address, telephone number, email address and other transaction and registration details.
- If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods, or the service you may require, or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
- We do not collect your credit card or banking details as online payments are handled by CBA and Secure Pay. Please check the www.commbank.com.au and www.securepay.com.au websites for details of their privacy policies and security measures.
Eastwood Global Pty Ltd will also collect information from suppliers and contractors for the purpose of those contractors and suppliers providing services to Eastwood Global Pty Ltd.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information is used by Eastwood Global Pty Ltd for its legitimate business purposes, as notified at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying customers or otherwise servicing Eastwood Global Pty Ltd relationship with its customers.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related or ancillary purpose such as:
- a) to facilitate and process your order.
- b) to carry out or respond to your requests.
- c) to our third-party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand our customer’s needs or to develop and improve market our products and services to you.
- d) for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations.
- e) to our third-party service providers for use in direct marketing of promotions, product, and services we think may interest to you.
- f) to seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you.
Cookies may record information about your visit, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access, and the information downloaded by you. While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data. Your browser may allow you to disable cookies.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and organisational security procedures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in customer files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Eastwood Global Pty Ltd will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
To protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Your right to access your personal information as held by Eastwood Global Pty Ltd is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. Your right to access your personal information may be affected by matters such as:
- a) the information being commercially sensitive to Harris Farm Markets or one of its service providers or customers.
- b) access posing a threat to life or health of any individual.
- c) access having an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- d) access being unlawful.
- e) access prejudicing enforcement activities relating to criminal conduct or other breaches of law.
- f) a frivolous or vexatious request by you or some other person on your behalf.
- g) the existence of a legal dispute or potential legal dispute; and
- h) denial of access being required or authorized by law.
If Eastwood Global Pty Ltd denies you access to your personal information, we will provide a reason.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Eastwood Global Pty Ltd may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
TRANSMISSION OF YOUR DATA
While care is taken to protect your personal information on the website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we protect it in accordance with the Act.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Opt-Out In respect of Promotional Material
Eastwood Global Pty Ltd acknowledges and respects its customers’ choice to “opt-out” of direct marketing communication activities undertaken by Eastwood Global Pty Ltd. If as a customer you do not wish to receive promotional material from Eastwood Global Pty Ltd, please contact Eastwood Global Pty Ltd and indicate the promotional material you do not wish to receive.
All emails, SMS and newsletters from our websites allow you to opt-out of further mailings by clicking on the link or responding “unsubscribe”.
Resolving Privacy Concerns